- A booster seat elevates the child to the level of the adult seat belt. The Ride Safer Travel Vest optimizes the existing vehicle seat belt system to protect the child by keeping a low center of gravity and allowing the vehicle seat belt and seat cushion to manage the crash forces.
- The belt guides place the seat belt into correct pre-crash position and move with the child.
The main differences between the 2 vest types is the allowed mode of use:
Lap Only Seat Belt:
- Type 2: can be used with a lap-only seat belt as long as the top tether is used
- Type 3: cannot be used with a lap-only seat belt since it is not capable of using the tether
Lap and Shoulder Seat Belt:
- Type 2 can be used with and without the tether with a lap and shoulder belt
- Type 3 can only be used with the lap and shoulder belt. Tether is not allowed on Type 3 vests.
My child is using the Ride Safer 2 Vest and there is a gap between my child’s shoulders and the top of the vest. Is that ok?
- Yes. It is acceptable to have a gap between the shoulders and the top of the vest as long as the shoulder seat belt is:
- Below the bottom of the earlobe of the child
- Correctly routed through the shoulder belt guide
- Crossing the center chest
- The Vests that were manufactured between 2004 and September 2013 do not have an expiration date. However the Gen3 vests, manufactured after September 2013 have a 10 year usable life.
- The current versions of the vests cannot be used on airplanes because we require a tether to be used with a lap-only seat belt. We are in the process of developing an accessory that will be compliant with FAA requirements for upper body support. Please check back for updates on our website for availability and retrofitting capabilities to the older versions.
- The Ride Safer 2 (RS-2) Travel Vests are self-certified by our company to be compliant with all applicable aspects of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) 213 for performance as a harness and for labeling.
- The Ride Safer 3 (RS-3) Travel Vests are tested according to the same prescribed testing procedure but is only tested with a lap & shoulder belt.
- Yes! The Ride Safer 2 vest is a legal alternative to belt positioning boosters in all States that do not require the child’s body to be elevated off the vehicle seat and when used according to our instructions.
- Currently we do not recommend that the Ride Safer Travel Vests be used with belt positioning boosters not sold by Safe Traffic System, Inc. Our backless boosters will be able to be used with the Ride Safer Travel Vests and are expected to be available soon. Please check back on our website frequently for updates on new product availability.
- Can be used with a Delighter Booster manufactured by Safe Traffic System, Inc.
- Transport Canada does not address vests in their Safety Standards. Since the vest is to be used without a booster seat, it requires a prescription for legal use in Canada. It is our understanding that the child’s physician may issue the prescription.
- Yes! This mode of use is tested and approved by Safe Traffic System, Inc. for the Type 2 vests.
- No. The crotch strap is not required for use as long as the child is mature enough to sit upright during the entire trip.
- No. The head pillow is optional.
- Yes! Safe Traffic System does permit the use of Inflatable Seat Belts with the Ride Safer Travel Vests. If you own an older version of the vest, please contact Customer Support for a retrofit shoulder belt guide.
- Yes. Please contact us for specific information regarding your crash circumstances.
- Yes. Please contact our customer support for details about our recycle program.
Yes! They can use RideSafer 2 Gen. 3 & 4 and RideSafer 3 Gen . 3 & 4 with Delighter Booster.
|Product Review||Where to Buy||RideSafer® Global||Stay Updated||Contact us|
|Road & Travel magazine
Review by Shelly Rivoli
Sage & Savvy Rroduct Review
RideSafer Hong Kong
|Register for email updates about new products and accessories||Email: email@example.com
T: 847. 233. 0365
F: 847. 233. 0384